2018 La Crotta di Vegneron Chambave Rouge

Article number: Chambave Rouge
Availability: In stock (2)
Tucked on a high east-west running plateau in the mountainous is the Val d’Aosta, Italy’s smallest and most far-flung appellation in the northwestern corner of the country. Wine making here is rugged and done entirely by hand, as vines cling to small wind-swept outcrops in the highest altitude vineyards in all of Europe. The region’s unique microclimate, with little rain and moderate summer temperatures, allows optimal maturation and limits the invasion of parasites to the vines, leaving little need to chemically treat the vines. Established in 1980, the La Crotta di Vigneron cooperative is now made up of close to 100 contributing growers who farm a total of just 20 hectares, making these wines a true collaborative effort. Chambave is the result of 70% Petit Rouge, the most cultivated red vine in the Aosta Valley; the remaining 30% of Gamay, Pinot Noir and others indegenous red vines. Sip this wine and picture the climbing alps, a perfect cool climate red to warm your autumn self.
0 stars based on 0 reviews