Shopping cart

Your cart is currently empty

Product image slideshow Items

  • France 2023 Mas de Libian “Vin de Petanque”

2023 Mas de Libian “Vin de Petanque”

Excl. tax

Varietal: Mostly Grenache (75%), with the remaining 25% a blend of Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, and Vaccarèse. Only from young vines under 25 years old.

Farming: Organic, biodynamic.

Vineyard Clay-limestone soil with a mix of flat limestone rocks a

In stock (7)
varieties: grenache, syrah, mourvedre, counoise, vaccarese
For over 300 years in Saint Marcel d'Ardèche, the Thibon family business has been agriculture. When it came time for young Jean-Pierre Thibon to take over the Mas de Libian estate in 1970, he decided to make wine production its sole focus. His wife Jacqueline left her career as a cardiologist to help work the vines and later their daughters Cécile, Hélène and Catherine would join the team. Together, they've crafted some of the most exemplary wines in the Southern Rhône. Their "Vin de Pétanque" is named after the famous French pastime (a sort of cross between horseshoes and bocce) and is an unfussy, delicious wine for parties, for dinner, for drinking on the porch or as they suggest, sipping during a casual game of pétanque. It's smooth and easy-drinking with an enjoyably intense berry flavor, a hint of spice and well integrated tannins (serving it with a chill is nice, too!) We imagine you'll enjoy this with most of your meals as the weather cools and if you still have it around in November, it'd be perfect on the Thanksgiving table.